4 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Zumrut
Topic starter
(@zumrut)
Eminent Member

Mr. Wilhelm and All,

I would like to ask your opinion about taking Bach Flowers in addition to prescribed antidepressants.

This is about a traumatic dog which is in a shelter and under treatment, heavily suffering from anxiety, trauma, obsession and self-harm.

I offered to add Bach Flowers to the dog’s diet. The veterinarian lady wanted kindly asks for confirmation  regarding whether Bach Flowers would be compatible with the dog’s drugs or not.

I know that Bach Flowers are working on an energetic level so they wouldn’t intervene with the body on a chemical or physical level.

Drugs the dog is currently taking;
To be dismissed in 10 days-> Amitriptyline, sold under the brand name Elavil among others, is a medicine primarily used to treat a number of mental illnesses. These include major depressive disorder and anxiety disorders, and less commonly attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and bipolar disorders.

Newly introduced to the dog’s system, in about a month the effect is being expected-> Prozac is an antidepressant. It is mainly used to treat major depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and panic disorder. Also known by its generic name, fluoxetine, Prozac is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI).

The dog is taking this since the end of March 2020-> Buspirone, sold under the brand name Buspar among others, is a medication primarily used to treat anxiety disorders, particularly generalized anxiety disorder. Benefits support its short term use. It has not been found to be effective in treating psychosis.

Thank you.
Regards
Zumrut

3 Replies
Ernst Wilhelm
Admin
(@ernst)

Bach flowers do not work on a chemical basis so they can do nothing to interfere with the effects of chemical drugs. 

Zumrut
Topic starter
(@zumrut)
Eminent Member

Thank you.,,

(I’m writing a brief ‘thank you’ with the old habit to deliver my appreciation. Do you think a click on the ‘like’ counts instead?)

Zumrut

2 Replies
(@jesuschrist)

Trusted Member

@zumrut how did it turn out? The dog still alive? Well?

Zumrut
(@zumrut)

Eminent Member

@dik Unfortunately, the caregivers didn’t use the bottle I gave them. I tried to follow-up the poor dog, but they started dismissing me. When this is the case, I think of the worst. 🙁 

My confidence in the Bach Flowers is strong. When anyone around me is seeking remedies either for themselves or their pets, I like to recommend Bach Flowers. 
It is then their role to take action or not… 

Thank you

Zumrut

Share: