8 clubs in different positions
I did a couple of card castings for myself, after asking for permission. Tricky to interpret for oneself, as I already had interpretations/assessments in my head even before asking, Lol, though was open to seeing the cards.
In spite of shuffling a lot in between, there were a couple of repeat-cards across the 2 questions, one of them being 8 clubs.
One question was: a "tell me more about this opportunity" (a specific work-type thing) and it threw up 8 clubs as an outcome. Ernst has mentioned that as an outcome it can mean "a whole new thing", so does that mean things can move quickly but it won't really be what I expect it to be?
The other was card casting for following an internal inspiration/project. Here 8 clubs was in the "Foundation Problem". Does that mean I'm not being quick enough in following my inspirations? Or does it mean this thing has already peaked and that's all it will be?
Both were "Light on a Star" spread
In the concrete meaning of the cards, 8C is: career, events happening quickly, reaching full potential in business, career or society, road to big business or career, as well as fair trade, forum, important conversations, and journeys. So, the outcome sounds rather positive to me.
As the foundation of the problem, I usually interpret this as what motivated the person to ask the question, what's at the root of the asking. So, it could be that career and success in career is what prompted you to ask about that inspiration/project. Or that, because you have this solid (career) foundation, you can invest time and energy into that inspiration.
Here are my notes from the portion of the 8 of Clubs concrete meanings video where Ernst talks about card casting with this card.
You were pretty much spot on with both interpretations, I'd say.
- whenever you see the 8 of Clubs in the future or the outcome card it means things are happening really quickly. In the future it means things are going to happen really quickly, But if you see it as your outcome, that means you're going to reach your full potential with this.
- If the spread has lot of Spades with the 8 of Clubs outcome, you say you're going to reach your full potential, and that potential will feel very limiting.
- The full potential with this person, or this job is going to be limited.
- But it's the full potential. That means you're doing everything right, you're doing everything you can, you're getting the most out of this, but with lots of Spades, it's only so much.
- Let's say a person says I'm trying to make my relationship better. And the situation is the 8 of Clubs, you already know that you're at your full potential with this situation. You're already doing the best possible. It's not going to get any better.
- At that point they need to decide, am I going to keep pushing and getting no more? Or am I just going to let go of this and move away from it or am I just going to let it be with how it is and be content with how good it is and be content and try not to make things better.
- So as the Situation card the 8 of Clubs is the you've reached your full potential with this situation. So keep it or leave it but don't try to make it more full
Hope this helps 🙂
Also, I find that asking “tell me more about …” to be too vague especially with cards that have several potential meanings and with spreads with several cards/positions. I like to break things down into questions like “how would the cards describe my (level of fulfillment/financial situation/etc…) if I choose path #1”. Same question but “If I don’t choose/let go of path #1 or if I choose path #2”. This way, you can have a clearer picture of each option and maximize the answers.
As the foundation of the problem, I usually interpret this as what motivated the person to ask the question, what's at the root of the asking