The Rasi is the first and most important Varga. It is critical as the reference plane for plotting the positions of other important points (planets, bhavas, lagnas, padas, etc.) and for calculating the other Varga charts. The Rasi must be used correctly, for the purposes it is meant. It works with Bhavas, but does not replace Bhavas… learn this and more in the following Video.
The remaining videos on this page are part of the Vargas in Depth Course and it is recommend you start that course at the beginning.
Reading the Rasi Varga
1. The 1st house is the significant house in the Rasi, so it is extremely important to analyze the 1st Bhava in respect to the Lajjitaadi influences of the planets that influence the 1st Bhava cusp. The Sun, the Atmakaraka and the Lagna lord are the critical planets. Begin by analyzing the Lajjitaadi Avasthas of these critical planets.
2. The major focus of a person’s life are indicated by the houses ruled by:
a) The planets in the Lagna
b) The houses that the Lagna lord, Sun and Atmakaraka are in.
c) The house lords that join the Lagna lord, Sun and Atmakaraka.
A. The planets in the Lagna will give the individual great cause for happiness or suffering in accordance with their Lajjitaadi avasthas.
B. The houses that the Lagna lord, Sun and Atmakaraka are in will flourish or suffer on account of the individuals behavior in accordance with the Lajjitaadi Avasthas of the Lagna Lord, Sun and Atmakaraka.
C1. The house lords that join the Lagna lord, Sun and Atmakaraka will flourish or suffer and be a source of happiness or sorrow in accordance with their Lajjitaadi Avasthas.
C2. The house lords will give the individual cause to be happy or unhappy with themselves in accordance with their Lajjitaadi Avastha affect to the Lagna Lord, Sun and Atmakaraka.
3. Its also extremely important to analyze all the above important Bhavas in respect to all the influences they receive from all the Grahas – starting with the Lagna Bhava. These Bhavas influenced by good Lajjitaadi Avasthas indicate that the individual’s time spent with those Bhavas is productive.
Reading the Rasi for Others
The same principles can be followed to read about any other person in the life of the native. Simply substitute the pertinent house and house lord for the lagna and lagna lord; the pertinent Karaka for the Sun; and the pertinent Cara Karaka for the Atmakaraka.
Reading Angelina Jolie’s Rasi Varga
Timing the Rasi Varga
Using the Rasi Chart it is possible to find the times during which a person finds their place in the world. This happens during:
1. The Dasa/Antardasa, etc. of the Sun, Atmakaraka or Lagna lord.
2. The Dasa/Antardasa, etc. of the lords of 1 above.
3. The Dasa/Antardasa. etc. of the Navamsa lord of the Sun or the Atmakaraka – especially during the Dasa/Antardasa, etc. of the Sun or Atmakaraka respectively.
4. During the Dasa/Antardasa, etc. of Rahu or Ketu joined with any of the above.
Timing Angelina Jolie’s Rasi Varga