Switching to South Indian Vedic astrology Chart
I am used to reading North Indian Chart (Diamond shape). Reading South Indian Chart seems very slow. Any trick to read it fast?
Imagine you're standing in the empty space in the middle of the South Indian chart and looking up at the sky. Then, read it, like you would the sky in terms of cardinal directions: Capricorn/Aquarius = South, Cancer, Leo = North, Libra, Scorpio = West etc. The outer corners are always the "mixed" cardinal directions (e. g. NW, SE).
Unless you're doing Jaimini, you could just keep the diamond chart though.
yes, thank you. I have memorised the location of signs but how to see the lordships easily? It becomes so slow while reading who is lord of which one. Most of the teachings here are usually using South Indian Chart, so that is why I want to learn.
@Scott-M-19 but do u have any steps to make it easier. I have been trying for 2 months now to switch but still very slow. With ascendant in different houses, the lordships moves! I end up using the planets without lordships.
Can try this approach:
1. As first step, be well versed where the all the signs are located, that you can picture them clearly in mind
2. Next, consider the 3 groups of signs: Cardinal, fixed and dual. Signs in each group should be memorized.
3. Then just look at the ascendant sign. And then recall the group to which it belongs. That group becomes kendra (the center of the diamond chart) in the order of 1, 4, 7 and 10th signa
4. Then just move to next group to find 2, 5, 8 and 11th signs from lagna. And close it with the remaining 4 signs for 3, 6, 9 and 12th sign
5. Another challenge is to get oriented towards it being clockwise but it should get easy with time.