Clear all

December 4th 2021 Eclipse and "The Eagle and The Lark"

16 Posts
3 Users
17 Likes
Ernst Wilhelm
Admin
(@ernst)

Ok, great that you figured that out on starry night. 

ChristianK
(@christiank)
Trusted Member

Hi Ramin, actually I don't know as well. If I have an inspiration about this, I will let you know.

Why not message Bernadette Bradley in the meantime and see, where you get?

I myself walked the next day after my eclipse post by chance into a model of an ancient minoan eclipse calculator.......weird.... especially as I am really nuts about eclipses.

1 Reply
Ramin
(@ramin)

Reputable Member

@christiank

Thanks Christian. this is a strange Calculator, Do you have any Ideas of how it works?

I also think to understand very brief eclipses at the pole we need a 3 dimensional accurate modeling of Earth and Moon's Motion in space compared to the Sun.

I also Looked in to contacting Bernadette Bradley but wasn't that Easy. I think it's only possible through facebook.

ChristianK
(@christiank)
Trusted Member

Hi Ramin,

they give some explanation. But it was too dark to get a good picture. Will get back to you with this.

Here I found the  possibility to draw a 3D-chart (under extended chart selections, special, three dimensional chart).One has to cut out the print and glue it together, so that it gets 3D. If you use the data, Bernadette Bradley gives for the eclipse, together with the coordinates for the south-pole I am sure one can see, if there was an eclipse.

By the way, the same site also spits out Bradeys fixed stars, just in case you are working with her other books as well (which for me is another thrilling aspect of astrology, that some day I want to familiarize myself with. Maybe that's how we are supposed to use Nakshatras.....??).

Have fun!

https://www.astro.com

2 Replies
Ramin
(@ramin)

Reputable Member

Thanks @christiank .

I'll have a look.

Ramin
(@ramin)

Reputable Member

@christiank 

@ernst

I found what I was looking for in the same NASA eclipse list page. check my other post:

https://astrology-videos.com/forum/mundane-astrology/eclipse-and-saros-cycles#post-6486

It turns out that NASA actually calculates the shape and whereabouts of moons shadow falling on Earth for each and every eclipse no matter how short they are. So if the 1787 July 14th is not in their list it means there was no shadow falling on Earth on that date.

As i mentioned before if NASA's astronomical Data is inaccurate then our whole chart calculation which is based on Swiss ephemeris, a compressed version of NASA's JPL calculations, is not accurate as well.

We have no choice to consider their calculations to be accurate enough.

So no visible eclipse any where on the plant on July 14th 1787. Moons shadow my have passed Earth only by a few Kilometers.

Page 2 / 2
Share: