9 of Hearts on Mars Card
I am watching some friends and family member's year spreads closely to help me learn the system. I have a family member who currently is in her the 52 day period of her Mars card which is a 9 of Hearts. Somehow this 9 of Hearts has given her beyond the fulfillment of her hearts desire. After feeling very stuck and unhappy with her life and living situation for five years she out of nowhere got an amazing job opportunity in a foreign country. During the 52 day period of the card she visited the country, absolutely loved everything about it, and has decided to move. She described the experience to me as, “better than she could have ever imagined for her life + more.”, which is very much a 9 of hearts experience, which Ernst has described as:
- “Practically speaking it is the biggest fulfillment a person is getting and then the other things don’t matter anymore. It is like Xmas when a kid gets a bunch of presents but he gets the one toy that he loves and he only pays attention to that one toy.
This is also what Ernst says about nines on the 3rd card:
- “The nines want to give you it all. But if you have it in the 3rd card, you are going to fly apart from something when it gets perfect. You do something to a high and envious level and then leave it.”
Then in his video about the semi-fixed 9 of hearts he says about 9 on Mars:
- “Somehow fighting or struggling for love that somehow doesn’t work out. Nines aren’t great in the 3 card. Through the struggle they are learning about love. Love is not something you should fight for, it just flows. Divine love flows. The person needs to realize they can’t fight for love in a tangible way, and make love happen. It is just more of a natural state of being. So often here the person will get to a point in their life where they realize they can’t make love work. So they have to back off and relax and surrender to let love do its thing. It can be a disappointment that makes them let go of the struggle for love. Or it can be just a surrender to the love around them and be of greater service to people. They surrender their will (mars) and let love flow the way it wants. It can be a time in a tough relationship where they stop trying to force a person be what they want them to be.”
So currently I am trying to figure out how this all worked out so nicely for my family member. I through for sure she would “fly away” from the 9 of Hearts experience but this hasn’t happened. She has been joyously transformed into a very optimistic, happy person just from the trip alone.
I am wondering if the fact that the planet Mars is in the Mars card helped the card overcome any obstacles and manifest? Can the ruler of the card being in the card override the bad luck of the fact that it is an even numbered card in an odd position?
Other factors to consider that may have influenced this positive event:
- This is her 45th “rebirth year” so her 3 of Diamonds birth spread is repeating with some shifts in the semi-fixed cards
- The Sun is also in the Mars card with Mars. The Sun is the lord of a very strong Ace of Spades in the sun position.
- King of Diamonds is on the ecliptic and Kings rule the 9s so this ecliptic energy may be going to this card (although Ernst doesn't say that King's on the ecliptic influence 7,8,9 Cards in the course manual) I am just assuming with this one.
- The 9 of Hearts in the spread also connects to TWO other 9s in the spread and a King of Hearts as the Ketu card.
- There are no other planets in the Mars card just this happy delighted Sun and secure/agitated Mars
- The 12th cusp is in the Mars card representing the foreign country
Any insights appreciated. I am mainly curious as to if a card having its lord in the card can help it manifest even it if is an even card in a 3,5,7 position? This would be an important factor to consider when reading for people in the future.
The Sun in the Card and the 12th cusp there explains goes a long way explaining it to me.
This year would also be her Mercury card in the 7-year spread, which would represent the fulcrum point. 45 is also the mid-point between Rahu and Ketu maturation, so it is a turning point in one’s life.
The 12th cusp is about detachment, isolation and addiction. The 12th cusp is also about endings. The 9 is also the card of completion. So perhaps it was time for her to end her self-isolation from the flow of life. Her emotional connection or addiction for the past 5 years was to the feeling of being stuck and unhappy. Looks like she perfected that art and now it was time for her to fly apart from it and open herself up to see the beauty around her.
9 is the Hermit and the Fool. 3 is about Strength and Temperance. The 3, 5, 7 positions are about potential abilities to turn negative into positive. I guess Mars in good Avastha also helped.
The Sun in the Mars card is bringing in the Ace of Spades energy which would be a new beginning of life.
I think Ernst mentioned somewhere that having the King on the Ecliptic also gives more importance to the period of the card holding the Pluto and next of importance will be the period of the card holding Rahu, Ketu and Saturn cards. Any other Kings are also important. My memory is a bit hazy on this one as I have not tried it out yet.
I would add that I don’t see the Hearts cards as only love. It is the fruit of something, but it also holds the seed for something. It is an emotional attachment or connection to something that is either positive or negative, either secure or needy.
Since the 12th cusp is involved, I am wondering about Venus, it's Avastha, the Venus card and the cusps that are affected. Also because it is the complement of Mars and the Venus card is another 9.
I recently had the 9 of Hearts on my 5th card, so I am trying to figure it out too.
I've heard other Ernst students, like Carmina Amza state that having the ruling planet in the card when it is a difficult position, helps make the outcome easier. So I think you're right about that.
I'm not sure if you've looked in to this already, but I would also check the overlaying and underlying cards for Mars (as well as the birth card itself and perhaps all the other cards in the year spread too) to see the specific details behind the creative Jack energy (the underlying card) that ultimately lead to the manifestation of this 9 of Hearts Queen card experience. Then the overlaying King card will show you what the 9 of Hearts is meant to accomplish and leave behind in it's wake.
I just watched Ernst' overlaying and underlying card example videos today and I've already gone down a large rabbit hole of dissecting my life decisions and disappointments. It's so much fun! 😅
P.S- Just remembered that the 9 of Hearts is a semi-fixed card. So the position of the 7 of Diamonds in the Queen or Jack overlying/underlying position is even more important to see how permanent these changes will be.